Invested in our Communities
- Date: March 27, 2019
- Author: Michelle Schroeder - Marketing Specialist
Is your business involved in the communities it serves? Being involved in the community is a great way for any organization to build relationships and boost brand awareness. DRN and ReadiTech recognize the importance of being involved in and focused on the betterment of its communities. Since the cooperative was formed in 1950, community involvement has always been important. As a cooperative, our members are the community.
Community involvement or our corporate social responsibility efforts range from donating money to nonprofits to implementing environmentally-friendly policies in the workplace. Here are some ways that we give back:
- Civic & Commerce
- Fire Departments & First Responders
- Parks & Rec
- Schools & Youth Activities
- Veteran Organizations
- Community Stores & Cafés
- Domestic Shelters
- Community Beautification
- and more!
We also have employees who volunteer their time as coaches, city officials, fireman, first responders, youth advisors, and more.
A couple of the highlights of employee led fundraisers:
- In 2016, DRN employees lead a fundraiser to raise $20,000 to provide a service dog for a North Dakota Veteran through Service Dogs For America.
- Every month employees deliver meals on wheels to senior citizens and this past Christmas employees made tie blankets to deliver to the meals on wheels clients.
DRN and ReadiTech are proud to give back to the communities, members and clients that they serve.
If you have a nonprofit organization that is looking for help with a project, submit a request letter of to email@example.com.
“Alone, we can do so little; together, we can do so much” – Helen Keller