The 2020 DRN ReadiTech and FRS Scholarship Applications are now available online!
DRN ReadiTech is pleased to announce it will continue with its scholarship program and participate in the Foundation for Rural Services (FRS) Scholarship. Students can apply for both scholarships and potentially earn $3,000 toward their college education. Students will need to complete both online applications separately.
DRN ReadiTech will award twenty-two $500 scholarships to rural high school seniors who reside within DRN ReadiTech’s cooperative service territory. Two winners will be randomly selected from each high school within DRN ReadiTech’s cooperative service territory (Ashley, Edgeley, Ellendale, Kulm, LaMoure, Lisbon, Litchville-Marion, Milnor, North Sargent, Oakes and Sargent Central).
On the national level, should a student from our service area be selected to receive one of the 30 Foundation for Rural Services Scholarships, ($2,000 each), DRN ReadiTech will contribute an additional $500 to the scholarship bringing the FRS scholarship award to $2,500.
Eligibility* — Applicants must:
- Be a graduating high school senior (home-school students also qualify) with at least a C grade point average (GPA).
- Receive their local telecommunications service from DRN.
- Be enrolled in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university, or vocational-technical school.
- Indicate an interest in returning to a rural community following graduation.
*Relatives of DRN ReadiTech employees or directors are not eligible.
How to apply:
- Complete the DRN Scholarship application online. Click here to start!
The application deadline is February 28, 2020.
- Complete the FRS Scholarship application online. Click here to visit the FRS Scholarship website.
The application deadline is March 6, 2020.
- Follow the instructions on what is required for the application & complete the steps to set up an account.
- Search for DRN as an employer (sponsoring company) - Dickey Rural Telephone Cooperative, PO Box 69, Ellendale, ND 58436-0069
- Applications will be reviewed and winners selected by a qualified review committee.
- Winners will be notified by mail in May 2020.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a one-time basis and will not be renewable.
- Award will be paid upon proof of registration at an institute of higher education and will be issued in August 2020.
- The scholarship will be awarded without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex or disability.