Coronavirus Update to Members
- Date: March 13, 2020
- Author: Kent Schimke, CEO/GM
Dear DRN members and clients,
In these times of uncertainty, we want you to know the safety and health of our members, clients, employees, and guests are always a top priority. Like most businesses, DRN is monitoring and preparing for a potential COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak in North Dakota.
We recognize the potential impact and uncertainty COVID-19 is creating in our country and communities. Here’s what we are doing to take protective steps to protect our members and employees:
- Technology to work from home. We have expanded our technology capacity to ensure employees can securely access DRN networks remotely, if necessary. We are fully equipped to deploy the technology needed to serve our clients.
- Conferences, events and travel. We are monitoring domestic travel and have limited it to necessary trips. We have canceled attendance to many upcoming conferences.
- Monitoring. We are constantly monitoring reports from the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as federal, state and local agencies to align our guidelines with health authority recommendations.
- Prevention. We encourage all our employees, friends, clients and family to practice the recommended prevention measures—
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay at home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then dispose of properly.
- Clean your work area and homes on a regular basis.
- Offices closed to the public. Because we want to do our part to stop the spread of this virus, we are asking our members and clients to call our office to transact business instead of visiting one of our many office locations. Our offices will be closed to the public from Monday, March 16 until the end of the month. We will evaluate the outbreak at the end of the month to determine when our offices will reopen. In the meantime, we ask you to call our office at 344-5000 and/or visit our website at www.drnreaditech.coop.
- Site Visits. If you need a technician to come to your business or home, we will ask you if you or anyone at your business or home are currently diagnosed as being infected with Coronavirus/COVID-19 and if not, whether you have—
- visited a ‘high risk’ country (as defined by the World Health Organization) within 14 days prior to your call requesting a premise visit.
- Visited a ‘risk’ country within the 14 days prior to requesting a premise visit and have symptoms of being unwell.
- been in close contact with a confirmed Coronavirus/COVID-19 patient or been in close contact with someone who has had contact with a confirmed Coronavirus/COVID-19 patient, in the 14 days prior to requesting a premise visit.
If the answer is yes to any of the above questions, we will ask a few more questions to see if we can correct the problem without entering the home or business.
Remember if you need to contact us, we are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Our helpdesk is available 24/7. Our phone number is 344-5000. Plus, you can utilize our website to check your bill and make payments. We thank you for your continued business and support as we navigate through this. We hope and pray you and your loved ones will remain safe and healthy.